Love Yourself and Be Unstoppable!

I have personally found that working on falling in love with myself as the single most transformational experience of my life. I went about most of my young adult years thinking that learning from my experiences, along with strength, confidence and a positive attitude were enough to find success and true happiness. I mean, I graduated from college, won Miss Minnesota International and fulfilled my dream of living in Australia, I have my act together, right? Nope. I mean, I was successful and happy to a point, but there were always areas in my life where I fell short and didn’t seem to know why.

I want to talk about how loving yourself could be the key to you capturing the crown, but more importantly, how learning to love, respect and accept yourself will make you unstoppable in life.

Truly loving yourself is the most often the missing piece most of us lack in order to experiencing true happiness in every aspect of our lives.

When we place the source of our happiness in winning the title, material things or people, that happiness disappears when that person or thing is removed from our lives, causing unnecessary pain and suffering.

You will only ever attract to you that which is in direct correlation to the amount of self-love that exists within you. The love and positive experiences that are then given back to you by family, friends and your other relationships, stands only to enhance the happiness you already have within yourself.

When you love yourself, your light shines so bright that the beauty you attract is magnified and you can stand in your own power unmoved by life's ever-changing experiences. You want those pageant judges to see your light and how much you believe in yourself as the next titleholder. Of course you can tell them why you want to be and feel you should be the next titleholder, but wouldn't it be better if they saw it in you without you having to say a word? Ummm, yeah!!






The first and most important step in achieving any goal is to have complete faith in yourself and building love for yourself will give you unlimited amounts of faith!

Even better than that, loving yourself will exude loving thoughts, words and actions, which all develop your character, which leads you to your destiny. When you live a life led by Love - which for me is God, because God is Love - there is nothing that can stop you in life! 

Can you look in the mirror and tell yourself “I love you?” Do you mean it? For me, it actually brought up a lot of emotions. Never once had I told myself that I love myself. Not once. We are told when we care about someone we should make sure they know it. Well, what about ourselves? How can we love anyone else properly if we don’t even take the time to invest love where it matters most – within.

So I urge you to do just that - say "I love you" to yourself everyday and look in the mirror while you do it! When you say the words outloud and look at yourself at the same time, it creates a mind-body connection, ensuring your brain takes what you are saying as truth. Do it for a month and see how you transform!

photo credit: SweetOnVeg via photopin cc

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Want To Win The Pageant? BE the Titleholder!

Stress Free is the Way to Be!

Your Title is Not Your Identity